Sunday 2 August 2015

Photo Blog: Jeju Island: Korea With Palm Trees

Although I enjoy my job I will always welcome a break from work, and after only 2 weeks in Korea I was off to Korea’s top summer holiday destination – Jeju Island. Karl and I had holiday which overlapped so we went together.

Jeju Island may be famous to Koreans and those who live here, but it is hardly known outside of the country. It is a tropical island south of Korea. It has beautiful scenery and nature, blue skies, and hot temperatures. It’s “famous” for having the largest mountain in the Land of the Morning Calm, Halla Mountain (1950m), and for delicious tangerines. I have no interest in climbing a mountain that takes a day to go up and down, and as for tangerines, I couldn’t tell the difference between a tangerine, a clementine, or a satsuma, so the island’s trademark items were lost on me.

Seongsan Ilchubong Peak: A former volcanic island




Love Land: A park filled with sexual sculptures...lots of couples and then Karl and I.




Cheonjiyeon Waterfall: Walking on wet rocks in less than appropriate footwear.



Hyeopjae Beach: Looking at girls in bikinis.


Other Places:

Jeju's nature, mountains, rivers, palm trees, and the sea. 

I didn't find out what this building was, but it looks good.

These statues are synonymous with Jeju.
Anyway, we're back home in Seoul now. Going to the pub tonight to watch the Community Shield between Arsenal and Chelsea. I'll tell you after the game about how much I care about the result. If we win, then it will be a statement of intent for the season ahead, beating the champions and rounding off a good pre-season. If we lose, then I'll claim it's an irrelevant fixture that has no bearing on how Arsenal will preform in competitive games, and Alexis Sanchez is still on holiday after his exploits with Chile in the Copa America. 

Until next time...